Sunday, March 16, 2014

Book Review- Crash Into You

I finished reading Crash into You (Pushing the Limits #3) by Katie McGarry for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

From acclaimed author Katie McGarry comes an explosive new tale of a good girl with a reckless
streak, a street-smart guy with nothing to lose, and a romance forged in the fast lane

The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind.

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look.

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.


I am just loving this Pushing the Limits series!  And Crash into You isn't any different.

I am not into cars at all.  But my first car when I was 16 was a purple Ford Mustang.  It was baby.  So I loved the connection to the mustangs in this story.  And while I'm not into cars, my brother is huge into cars (his job is to fix up cars to make them faster and he works on some racing cars and he travels all around the world) so I recognized some of what they were talking about.

I found Rachel's background interesting.  With her and her twin brother being born just because her older sister died of cancer and her mom wanted another girl.  And then throw in the panic attacks and I just found her intriguing.

I loved the romance between bad-boy Isaiah and her too.  Although he's not as bad-boy as we think.

There's a part in the story that had me gasping and hoping that what I thought was going to be the end, wasn't really the end.  I won't tell you if I was right or wrong, but it definitely had me hanging on and not wanting to put down the book. 

I can't wait to get my hands on Take Me On, the fourth book in the series.  I need it now!

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment