Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Book Review- A Want So Wicked

I finished reading A Want So Wicked by Suzanne Young tonight for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

Elise is a normal seventeen-year-old girl until the day she wakes up in a desert park, with no idea who she is.

After that episode, her life takes a bizarre turn. She’s experiencing unexpected flashes of insight into people’s lives—people she’s never met before. Strangers frighten her with warnings about the approaching Shadows. And although Elise has never had a boyfriend, she suddenly finds herself torn between two handsome but very different young men: Abe, the charming bad boy whose affect on her both seduces and frightens her, and the mysterious Harlin, who’s new to town but with whom Elise feels an urgent, elemental connection—almost as if they are soul mates.

Now Elise begins to question everything about her life. Why do these guys both want her so desperately? What are the Shadows? Why does the name Charlotte inspire a terrifying familiarity? And who is Elise, really?

I remembered liking the first book in this series, but I couldn't remember why.  And when I tried to look back and read reviews, I couldn't find any spoilers (for once!)  So I went in with a pretty blank idea of what was going on.  But I soon caught on and kinda remembered what happened.  And I enjoyed this next book too. 

I enjoyed Elise.  But I thought that her relationship with Harlin was a little weird.  Her feels came on way too quickly.  I mean I got why they did, but she didn't know at the time why she was so drawn to him, but she was perfectly okay being so attracted to a guy so quickly, even though she had never had a boyfriend before.  It was just a little weird.  And oooh...Abe was just creepy.  The way that her first kiss was described with him was creepy! 

There was a sort of surprise at the end (or at least I think it was) but I saw it coming the whole time.  And that part was sad.  It made me a little teary ( I don't want to give too much away, so you'll just have to know that there was a sad part!).

I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.

A Want So Wicked will be released on June 26, 2012.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
 2012 Reading Challenge 150+: 10
2012 ARC Reading Challenge: 8
2012 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 8

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment