Friday, September 30, 2011

Book Review- Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions

I finished reading Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions early this morning for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

A journey may take hundreds of miles, or it may cover the distance between duty and desire.


Sixteen of today’s hottest writers of paranormal tales weave stories on a common theme of journeying. Authors such as Kelley Armstrong, Rachel Caine, and Melissa Marr return to the beloved worlds of their bestselling series, while others, like Claudia Gray, Kami Garcia, and Margaret Stohl, create new land-scapes and characters. But whether they’re writing about vampires, faeries, angels, or other magical beings, each author explores the strength and resilience of the human heart.

Suspenseful, funny, or romantic, the stories in Enthralled will leave you moved.

Enthralled is jam packed with famous paranormal YA authors: Melissa Marr, Kelley Armstrong, Rachel Caine, Claudia Gray, Carrie Ryan, Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl, Jackson Pearce, Rachel Vincent, Sarah Rees Brennan, Jeri Smith-Ready, Kimberly Derting, Ally Condie, Jessica Verday, Mary E. Pearson, and Jennifer Lynn Barnes.

And there were some great stories!  I don't want to go into detail about all of them because that would take too long, so I'll just hit some of them. 

First off, I enjoyed Niederwald by Rachel Vincent.  The Soul Screamers series is one of my favorites!  So I really loved this little side trip that Sabine took with Emma. I liked seeing things from her point of view (and normally I don't like Sabine!)

I also liked Red Run by Kami Garcia.  This was a ghost story with a twist.  I so thought that I knew what the ending was going to be, but I was totally wrong!

Bridge by Jeri Smith-Ready was good too!  I loved Shade so this additional story was interesting.  And sweet in a way.  I liked that the story was in verse too.

My least favorite book was I.V. League by Margaret Stohl.  It just didn't do anything for me and honestly, there was something annoying about it.

I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 91
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 72
2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 72

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment