Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Sunday Salon- August 14, 2011

The Sunday Salon

I can't believe summer is already over.  Boo!  The time goes by way too fast!  But on Friday night I did something exciting!  I booked a trip to Hong Kong and Tokyo.  One of my best friends and I grew up going to Disney World (not together, until college) and we both have worked at Disney World.  After college, in 2002, we backpacked around Europe and went to Disneyland Paris.  We made a pack that in 5 years, 2007, we would go to Disneyland in California, and then 5 years from then, 2012, we would go to the 2 Disney parks in Asia.  Well, we went to Disneyland in 2007, and we just booked our Asia trip!  I can't wait!  I do have to say that I'm a little nervous/scared.  At least when we went to Europe, the letters were mostly the same and even some of the words were similar.  But in Asia, nothing is going to be familiar!

Has anyone been to Hong Kong and/or Tokyo?  If so, do you have any tips?

I finished and reviewed the following books in the past week:
Tout Sweet by Karen Wheeler
Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep
Variant by Robison Wells













I fulfilled items in the following challenges in the past week:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 71, 72, 73
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 56, 57
2011 Debut Author Challenge: 18, 19
2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 54, 55

I am currently reading Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally and up next is Eve by Anna Carey.

No comments:

Post a Comment