Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Book Review- Supernaturally

Early this morning, I finished reading Supernaturally by Kiersten White.

From Goodreads:

Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.


But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.


So much for normal.

Paranormalcy was my favorite book that I read last year. So I couldn't wait to read Supernaturally.  And while it wasn't as good as the first book, I really enjoyed it.

One again I just absolutely LOVED Evie.  I love her sense of humor.  I love how she was totally kick-butt, but wanted to be normal.  I love how she got so excited about the little things (ahem, lockers).  I love how she was so in Love with Lend.  She's just the epitome of the perfect heroine, to me anyways.

And once again, I loved how this book was written.  I loved the humor of it all.  And the way Kiersten White writes like the characters are talking to a friend.  (then again, I love reading her blog too). 

The plot in the book was the only thing that didn't really grab me this time.  But the part about the Faerie Paths just kind of lost me as well as the role of the faeries, on the universe, I guess.  And I wasn't too keen about the part with Evie's dad.  It was a little odd to me.  But I did really like the addition of Jack.  He was a great, surprising character. 

But oh man, I can't wait to read the third book!

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

Supernaturally will be released on July 26, 2011

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 44
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 37
2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 34

*FTC Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for free from the publishers for an honest review.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm. We were hoping to learn more about the faerie paths, so that's good for us. Sounds like everything else should be groovy too! Thanks for writing a review. :)

    ReplyDelete