Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Sunday Salon- February 6, 2011

The Sunday Salon


So this past Wednesday was our Disney planning session for our wedding.  It was long--from 10:30- 6:30.  But oh it was so much fun!  My parents and fiance all went too.

  It started off with a taste of the menu.  We are having our reception at the Grand Floridian so we got to go into the kitchen for the taste test.  We figured we would have a sample of the food in the middle and all get to try that.  But no!  We each got a whole, full-sized serving of EVERYTHING!!!  Meaning, 3 full-sized hor derves, 2 full appetizers, and 3 full entrees (a huge steak with potatoes and veggies, a huge piece of chicken with potatoes and veggies and a vegetarian ravioli!!) I never wanted to eat again!  And the chef plated it there right in front of us.  It was like being on Top Chef.  So awesome!!

Then we went back to Francs to plan the rest of the wedding.  And I mean everything!  Florals, linens, ceremony music, photography, videography, ceremony music, lighting.  It was so much fun!  We will get our estimate in a few weeks and I'm pretty sure we went over budget.  Yikes!  But we went high end of everything because we can always cut things out. 

A part of me is sad though becuase I have been thinking about my wedding forever and the planning part is pretty much done.  Luckily, Disney does everything for you, so there's only a few more things I have to do.  I can't wait until June 11!

I finished and reviewed the following books this week:
The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney











I fulfilled items in the following challenges this week:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 8
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 7
2011 Debut Author Challenge: 1
What's in a Name? 4 Challenge: Evil
2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 6

I am currently reading The Chaos by Rachel Ward and up next is My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares.

No comments:

Post a Comment