Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Book Review- The Chaos

I just finished reading The Chaos (Numbers #2) by Rachel Ward for a Book It Forward ARC Tours Review.

From Goodreads:

The curse of the NUM8ERS continues in Rachel Ward's CHA0T1C, earth-shattering sequel!

Adam has more than inherited his mother's curse: When he looks in someone's eyes, he not only sees the date of their death...he feels the searing, shocking pain of it. Since Jem died, Adam has lived by the sea with his great-grandmother, Val. But when rising tides flood the coast, they return to London. The city is an alien, exciting, frightening place. Most disturbing of all, Adam can't help but clock how many people's numbers are in January 2027; how many are on New Year's Day. What chaos awaits the world? Can he and Sarah stop a catastrophe? Or are they, too, counted among the "twenty-sevens"?

Unfortunately, once again this plot didn't really do it for me.  While the idea of someone being able to see the date when people die grabs me, the characters just don't.  I really just didn't care about them.  More troubled teens that I just wasn't compassionate about.

And the whole setting of the story was just weird for me.  It was like the world was at its worst, but I never really figured out why.  Almost like a bad dystopian novel. 

I don't really have too much to say.  It wasn't horrible.  It just didn't really interest me.

I gave this book a rating of 2.5/5.

The Chaos will be released on March 1, 2011.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
 2011 A to Z Challenge: W
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 9
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 8
2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 7

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Book It Forward ARC Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment