Monday, October 25, 2010

Book Review- Arizona

I just finished reading Arizona (Beautiful Dead #2) by Eden Maguire.

From Goodreads:

There's been no sign of the Beautiful Dead for weeks. Darina achingly misses Phoenix all over again. But surely he will return with the rest of the Beautiful Dead as so much still remains unresolved. It's been ten months since Arizona drowned in Hartmann Lake. Suicide, it would seem. But something doesn't add up.

Drowning herself in a hidden - away lake does not sound like strong, confident, Arizona: Ellerton High School's high-maintenance drama queen. Darina needs to help Arizona the way she helped Jonas. But time is running out...
 
Before I started reading this book, I remember thinking that my opinion of the first book in the Beautiful Dead series was mixed.  I remember thinking it was just an okay book and I wasn't sure that I would enjoy this one.  But I did!  I definitely enjoyed it more than Jonas.
 
I feel that we got a much better read on the three main characters in this story.  I liked Darina better although I still don't like how she treats her mother.  I still really liked Phoenix.  And we really got to know Arizona and why she was the way she was.
 
I definitely didn't see the end coming.  I thought I had a couple of different ideas about what happened to Arizona, but none of them were right.  I love when that happens!  The next book in the series is called Summer and I look forward to reading it!
 
I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.
 
This book fullfills items for the following challenges:
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 142
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 108
 
*FTC Disclosure: I received this book from Sourcebooks Teen Fire for an honest review.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! found you from twitter. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete