Monday, October 19, 2009

Book Review- Hex Appeal

I just finished reading Hex Appeal by Linda Wisdom.

From the back cover:

Jazz and Nick's dream romance has turned into a nightmare...

Feisty witch Jasmine Tremaine and drop-deap gorgeous vampire cop Nikolai Gregorovich have a hot thing going, but it's tough to keep it together when nightmare visions turn their passion into bickering, and it's tearing them apart.

With a little help from their friends-- a motley bunch of ghosts with attitude, rule-breaking witches, supernatural hotties and sinister elves-- Jazz and Nick are in a race against time to uncover whoever it is that's poisoning their dreams, and their relationship...

This was a second fun installment in the Hex series by Linda Wisdom. Jazz is back with a new storyline and the same, great humor. I love the spells and curses that Jazz comes up with. The wording is hilarious--"because I say so, damn it!"

I love the other cast of characters that are back, as well! The hot vampire Nick is back, along with the ghost Irma and her dog, and the human Krebs.

The only thing I didn't really like was the ending. Jazz had been having nightmares that seemed all too real, and the way that figured out how to get rid of them just seemed sort of, trippy, for a lack of better word. I think it was resolved too quickly for my liking. But I am looking forward to the next book in the series, Wicked By Any Other Name, and the fourth book in the series just came out--Hex in High Heels.

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenge:
Paranormal 999 Challenge: Ghosts (can also be used as witches, vampires, were-animals)

1 comment:

  1. Great review. I have been collecting these, they sound like fun books.
    Elie (Ellz Readz)

    ReplyDelete