Monday, April 6, 2009

Book Review- Excuse Me, Your Soul Mate Is Waiting

Last night I finished reading Excuse Me, Your Soul Mate Is Waiting by Marla Martenson.


From the back cover:


Each of us yearns for that one true love--our own soul mate. Now the search has become much easier with the help of Excuse Me, Your Soul Mate Is Waiting. Marla Martenson has combined her talent and wisdom with the sure-fire techniques of the Law of Attraction to help you bring that special love into your life.


There are just four simple and easy steps to follow--
1. Name what you DON'T want to happen.
2. Name what you DO want to happen.
3. Feel what you want.
4. Allow it to happen.


This is a fun, concrete, and practical approach to finding Mr. or Ms. Right. Using the best-selling guide, Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting, as her "bible", Marla challenges her readers to stop being victims and take control of their lives. This joyful book empowers you to find your true heart's desires.


Ok, I'm not sure, but I just didn't buy into this book. I get being upbeat and positive, but I think this just took it too far (or maybe I'm just too cynical). The author talks a lot about thinking positive things which gives off vibrations at high frequency (and vice-versa) and when people are vibrating at a high frequency, they can pull their desires into their lives. I just don't see that working. I do think its a good idea to identify what you do want in a relationship though, and I agree with the book that you shouldn't stay in a relationship just because its comfortable. Luckily, right now I don't need to put this book into practice, but maybe if I have the unfortunate need to one day, I will try it out.


I gave this book a rating of 2/5.


This book fullfills the following requirements:
A to Z Reading Challenge: E
Read Your Name Challenge: E

No comments:

Post a Comment